l0neranger asked: Hello! Im new to homeschooling and this is my senior year of high school and im struggling bcs i have a really big exam (gcse) do you have any tips? :)
Hey there! Thanks for asking. My tips for doing well on a big exam would be:
1. Get plenty of sleep. I know it’s hard for a senior not to stay up late and everything, but honestly, you’ll be able to study a lot better if you have a solid, long night’s rest. :)
2. Drink lots of water. Your brain is mostly composed of water, so it only makes sense that it will function better when you’re hydrated.
3. Eat healthy snacks. It’s proven that sugar will make the human body tired, so when you eat, make sure you choose healthy, substantial snacks.
4. Take lots of notes, highlights important details, write out facts on flashcards, read, read, read.
5. Try not to worry. It won’t be the end of the world, I promise. It may feel like it, but you’ll only do yourself more harm by worrying. (Believe me, I’m the queen of worrying over tests.)
Hope that helps and please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any other questions!!
cassiecreate asked: I have 2 questions! 1. Do you have to do your home schooling at home? Like, can you go to Starbucks or a public area and do it as well? 2. I live in Canada, and I was wondering if you knew any trustworthy websites for free online schools for Canada?
Hello again! :) I’m happy to answer your questions.
Part of the beauty of homeschooling is you can do it wherever your heart desires! Be that in the car, at a Starbucks, in a restaurant, at your parent’s work, at the mall, at home, in the basement - wherever! As long as you can concentrate on your studies, there’s nothing preventing you from taking your work out of the house. :)